Sri Lanka Highlights Tour – 06 Days 05 Nights
Experience the tropical paradise of Sri Lanka on a journey that takes you through ancient cities, stunning landscapes, and pristine beaches. From the historic ruins of Anuradhapura to the iconic Sigiriya Rock Fortress, the rolling hills of tea country, and the exotic wildlife of Minneriya National Park, this tour will immerse you in the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Sri Lanka. With a mix of adventure, relaxation, and cultural exploration, this tour is the perfect way to experience the highlights of this enchanting island nation. Best Tourism Companies in Sri Lanka
- Perfect for : Solo Travelers/ Couple Travelers / Leisure Travelers/ Family Travelers / Group Travelers
- Hotels : 3 Star Hotels / 4 & 5 Star Hotels, Resorts, Bungalows or Villas
- When to travel : All around the year
- Tour Price : On Request Best Tourism Companies in Sri Lanka
*This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and time constraints. Also, note that the attractions’ visiting hours may vary, so it is always advisable to check beforehand.
DepartureFrom Colombo Airport/Colombo Fort or Negombo.
Departure TimeAs required
Return TimeAs required
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
DAY 01- Arrival| Explore the Ancient Wonder - Sigiriya Lion Rock
- Arrive at Colombo International Airport
- You will be welcomed by our Tour Guide & will assist you.
- Transfer to Habarana or Dambulla (3 Hour Drive)
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site, the magnificent “Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress”- 3 hour expedition
- Check-in to your hotel in Habarana or Dambulla
- Relax at the hotel
Overnight stay a hotel in Habarana
DAY 02- Discover the Medieval Capital- Polonnaruwa Ancient City | Game Drive to Minneriyna National Park
- Leave for the medieval capital of Ancient Sri Lanka- Polonnaruwa
- UNESCO Heritage site.- 1 hour drive
- Discover the ancient ruined kingdom of Polonnaruwa. – 3 hour expedition
- After exploring the ancient city, you will enjoy a mouthwatering Sri Lankan Lunch at a traditional restaurant while enjoying views of rice paddy fields.
- Proceed to Minneriya National Park – 1 Hour drive
- Do the game drive of Minneriya National Park – 3 hour private jeep safari tour
Overnight in Habarana
DAY 03- Fascinating & Ancient Dambulla Cave Temple | Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha
- Check-out from your hotel in Dambulla/ Habarana after the breakfast and proceed to the second capital city and the last ancient Kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka- “Kandy” (2 and half hour drive)
- En route, visit the country’s most fascinating and ancient Buddhist Temple “Dambulla Cave Temple”.
- After visiting the Dambulla Cave Temple, proceed
- Visit the most sacred Buddhist Temple in Sri Lanka- The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha
DAY 04- Train Ride to Little England (Optional)| Tea Plantation Visit | Ramboda Waterfall | Night in Nuwara Eliya
- famous scenic Train Ride (Optional. Seats are subjected to the availability and the seat reservation has to be done one month prior to the train ride) – 2 hour train ride.
- If train seats are not available, you will be transferred to Little England- Nuwara Eliya by a car.
- En route, you will visit a tea plantation & a tea factory where you can get the experience of Ceylon tea production and a tea tasting.
- After the tea plantation visit, visit the 11th highest waterfall of Sri Lanka- Ramboda Waterfall
- Do sightseeing on the way to Nuwara Eliya
- Check-into your hotel in Nuwara Eliya and have a relaxing evening
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 05-Colombo City Tour | Last night in Colombo
- Leave for Colombo after breakfast at your hotel in Kandy- 3 hour drive
- En route, visit a tea factory & a tea plantation in Kadugannawa where you can get the experience of world’s best Ceylon tea production and a tea tasting session.
- Reach Colombo in late afternoon
- Do the city & the sightseeing tour of Colombo
- This tour covers the major attractions in Colombo such as New Parliament Building, Old Parliament Building, Independence Square Building, BMICH building, The Lotus Theatre, Gangarama Buddhist Temple and the Seema Malaka Temple, Galle Face Green and a shopping tour in Colombo- 2 hour tour
Overnight stay in Colombo
DAY 06- Airport Drop
Reviews For the Tour
Tour reviews help travelers make informed decisions, provide feedback for tour operators, and ensure a positive travel experience.
- 3 Star/ 4 Star /5 Star Hotel Accommodations on Bed & Breakfast Basis & Half Board Basis
- Transport in an Air Conditioned comfortable car
- English speaking professional Chauffeur Tourist Guide
- Entrance Fees/ Excursion fees to the mentioned places
- All Government Taxes
- Unlimited Water Bottles
- Early Check-in & Late Check-out charges
- Other expenses of personal nature