Island Romance – 10 Days 09 Nights Tour
Sri Lanka offers a perfect honeymoon experience with its tropical climate, beautiful beaches, and rich cultural heritage. Newlyweds can relax and unwind in luxury resorts or embark on an adventure of exploration. The scenic hill country of Sri Lanka provides breathtaking views of lush green landscapes, tea plantations, and waterfalls, while the ancient cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa offer a glimpse into the country’s rich history. Honeymoon Tours in Sri Lanka
The wildlife sanctuaries, such as Yala National Park, offer a chance to witness exotic animals, including leopards, elephants, and peacocks. The beaches of Mirissa, Bentota, and Unawatuna provide romantic sunsets, snorkeling, and surfing opportunities, making Sri Lanka a perfect destination for a memorable honeymoon.
- Perfect for : Honeymoon Couples / Leisure Travelers
- Hotels : 3 Star Hotels / 4 & 5 Star Hotels, Resorts, Bungalows or Villas
- When to travel : All around the year
- Tour Price : On Request Honeymoon Tours in Sri Lanka
*This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and time constraints. Also, note that the attractions’ visiting hours may vary, so it is always advisable to check beforehand.
DepartureFrom Colombo Airport/Colombo Fort or Negombo.
Departure TimeAs required
Return TimeAs required
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
DAY 01- Arrival | Transfer to Habarana
- Arrive at Colombo International Airport
- You will be welcomed by our Chauffeur Tourist Guide & will assist you.
- Transfer to Habarana or Dambulla (3 Hour Drive)
- Check-in to your hotel in Habarana or Dambulla
- Our Chauffeur Tourist Guide will brief you about the tour plan and discuss all arrangements of your tour
- Relax at your first hotel after your flight
Dinner & Overnight stay a romantic hotel in Habarana
DAY 02- Explore UNESCO World Heritage site- Sigiriya Lion Rock | Traditional Village Tour| Jeep Safari Tour of Minneriya National Park
- After breakfast, you will transfer to explore the most iconic ancient wonder of Sri Lanka, “Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress” – Will take approximately 3 to explore the site.
Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress is a magnificent Royal Citadel that was built between 477-495AD by King Kashyapa. This massive royal complex consists of Water Gardens, Fountain Garden, Boulder Garden, Terrace Garden, Beautiful Frescoes and gigantic Lion Paws. The Royal palace supposed to be on the summit of the rock where you still can see the remains of it including the royal throne and the king’s pool.
- Do a traditional village tour in Sigiriya- This tour includes a bullock cart ride, a catamaran boat ride, visit a local village family and have a traditional Sri Lankan Lunch.
- At 14.00pm, leave for Minneriya National park for an adventurous Private Jeep Safari tour (Starts at 15.00pm until 18.00pm)
Overnight stay in Dambulla/ Habarana
DAY 03 - Fascinating & Ancient Dambulla Cave Temple | Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha
- Check-out from your hotel in Dambulla/ Habarana after the breakfast and proceed to the second capital city and the last ancient Kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka- “Kandy” (2 and half hour drive)
- En route, visit the country’s most fascinating and ancient Buddhist Temple “Dambulla Cave Temple”.
Dambulla Cave Temple is also known as “The Golden Rock Temple” was originally built in 1 Century BC during the period of the great King Walagamba. There are five natural & man made caves have been beautifully converted into Buddhist Shrines and image houses of Buddha. The most fascinating part of the complex is the beautiful paintings can be seen in all over the caves. Also there are 165 Statues of Buddha and gods can be seen.
- After visiting the Dambulla Cave Temple, proceed to Kandy
- Visit the most sacred Buddhist Temple in Sri Lanka- The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha
- The Tooth Relic Temple in Kandy is the home for the most venerable tooth relic of Gautham Buddha. The Temple was originally constructed By King Wimaladharmasooriya 1 during his reign of 1592-1604 in two storeys . Today the tooth relic of Buddha is kept in the second floor of the original inner chamber. Hundreds of Local and foreign Buddhist Devotees visit this place to honor and worship the temple. The tooth relic of Buddha is considered as the living Buddha among Buddhist devotees.
Over night stay at Kandy
DAY 04 - Expedition of Scenic Kandy | Bahirawakanda Buddha Statue | Royal Botanical Garden Walk | Walk around Kandy Lake | The City Walk
- Start to explore the beauty of Kandy City after your breakfast
- Visit the famous “Bahirawakanda Buddhist Temple & The Buddhist Statue” to spot a breathtaking view of Kandy City.
- Bahirawakanda Buddha Statue is one of the tallest Buddha Statues in Sri Lanka and it can be seen from almost everywhere in Kandy. The height of the statue is 88ft (26.83m) and it depicts the “Dhyana Mudra” – the meditation posture of Gautham Buddha associated with his first enlightenment.
- After visiting Bahirawakanda Buddhist Temple, You will be transferred to the country’s most scenic and the largest Botanic Garden- Peradeniya Royal Botanic Garden. You will enjoy a nice walk in the garden with your loving partner while enjoying the beautiful gardens, rate trees & plants and beautiful views. -Approximately 3 hour walk
- Lunch Break at a good restaurant in Kandy
- After lunch, have a nice walk in the heart of Kandy City and around the Kandy Lake
- At 17.00hrs, you will witness and enjoy the Kandy Cultural Dance show that shows the traditional Kandyan Style Dancing and drumming. Also you will witness the traditional fire dancers. – One hour seated show
Overnight in Kandy
DAY 05 - Tea Plantation Visit | Ramboda Waterfall | Night in Nuwara Eliya
- Check-out from your hotel in Kandy and transfer to the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka- Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya is located in the central highlands of Sri Lanka and this place is well known as Little England & the city of Lights. The town is situated 1,868m above mean sea level and has the coolest climate of the country. Nuwara Eliya is the paradise of Ceylon Tea plantations
- En route, you will visit a tea plantation & a tea factory where you can get the experience of Ceylon tea production and a tea tasting.
- After the tea plantation visit, visit the 11th highest waterfall of Sri Lanka- Ramboda Waterfall
- Do sightseeing on the way to Nuwara Eliya
- Check-into your hotel in Nuwara Eliya and have a relaxing evening
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 06 - Trekking of Horton Plains & World’s End (Optional) | Sightseeing Tour of Little England | Leisure in Nuwara Eliya
- Start the trekking of Horton Plains National Park. (Optional) You have to leave the hotel at 05.00am in the morning to start the trekking. One hour drive to the starting point. The trekking is 8km (5.6miles) In this trekking, you will visit Bakers Waterfall, World’s End Cliff and the Mini World’s End cliff.- Approximately 3 hour trekking
- Do sightseeing of Nuwara Eliya- You will visit Gregory’s Lake and its park. You may do a boat rides in the Lake (Jet Ski Rides and motor boat rides), visit the colonial buildings that were built during the British Era.
- Have a nice walk in the later afternoon in Nuwara Eliya town. Visit the local markets while enjoying Sri Lankan street food.
Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 07 - The Magical Train Ride to Ella | Chill out in Ella
- Check-out from your hotel in Nuwara Eliya and you will be transferred to Nanu Oya train station for the country’s most scenic train ride- Nuwara Eliya to Ella. This is a 2 hour train ride.
Please note that seats are subjected to the availability. The seats have to be booked one month prior to the travel date.
- Our chauffeur tourist guide will pick up you from Ella Train station and you will be transferred to scenic Ella town.
- Have a nice lunch at the famous “Café Chill” after the train journey
- Check-into your hotel in Ella and take a break
- In the late afternoon, you can climb the famous – Little Adams Peak in Ella to spot a breathtaking view
- Visit the famous- Nine Arches Bridge
Overnight stay in Ella
DAY 08- Romance at the beach of Bentota
- Check-out from your hotel in Ella and proceed to Bentota for your beach stay- 4 hour drive
- En route, stop at the 9th Highest waterfall of Sri Lanka- Ravana Waterfall
- Visit the ancient Budhuruwagala Buddhist Monastery in Wellawaya
- Proceed to Bentota
- Check-into your beach hotel in Bentota
- Have a relaxing beach stay in the evening
Overnight stay in Bentota
DAY 09- Beach Stay | Madhu River Boat Safari | Expedition of UNESCO site Galle Dutch Fort
- Relax & unwind at your beach hotel in Bentota
- Afternoon, you will have a scenic Boat ride on Madhu River. In this boat ride, you will visit a cinnamon island where you can meet traditional cinnamon peelers. Spot aquatic animals and birds during the boat ride (2 hour boat ride)
- Travel to Galle and Explore the UNESCO World Heritage site- Galle Dutch Fort – 1 hour drive from Bentota
Galle Dutch Fort was originally built by Portuguese in 16th Century AD. Later Dutch took over the fort and fortified to present level in 1640 (17th Century)
- Back to your hotel in the later afternoon
- Enjoy your beach stay with your partner
Overnight stay in Bentota
Colombo City Tour | Airport Drop
- Leave from your hotel in Bentota to Colombo International Airport – one and half hour drive
- If your departure flight departs in late afternoon or evening, you will enjoy a sightseeing and the city tour of Colombo. This tour covers the major attractions in Colombo such as New Parliament Building, Old Parliament Building, Independence Square Building, BMICH building, The Lotus Theatre, Gangarama Buddhist Temple and the Seema Malaka Temple, Galle Face Green and a shopping tour in Colombo- 2 hour tour
- After the city tour, you will be transferred to Colombo International Airport for your departure flight and you will be dropped off at the Departure terminal after a wonderful honey moon tour of Sri Lanka- 1 hour journey
Reviews For the Tour
Tour reviews help travelers make informed decisions, provide feedback for tour operators, and ensure a positive travel experience.
- 3 Star/ 4 Star /5 Star Hotel Accommodations on Bed & Breakfast Basis & Half Board Basis
- Transport in an Air Conditioned comfortable car
- English speaking professional Chauffeur Tourist Guide
- Entrance Fees/ Excursion fees to the mentioned places
- All Government Taxes
- Unlimited Water Bottles
- Early Check-in & Late Check-out charges
- Other expenses of personal nature