Top 5 National Parks in Sri Lanka for Safari Adventures
Sri Lanka has several national parks that offer excellent safari experiences with opportunities to see a wide variety of wildlife. Here are my top 5 picks for national parks in Sri Lanka for safaris:
- Yala National Park – Yala is one of the most popular national parks in Sri Lanka and is home to a large population of leopards. The park also has a diverse range of wildlife, including elephants, sloth bears, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
- Wilpattu National Park – Wilpattu is the largest national park in Sri Lanka and is known for its beautiful landscapes and large population of leopards. The park also has a high concentration of Sri Lankan sloth bears, as well as other wildlife such as elephants, deer, and water buffalo.
- Udawalawe National Park – Udawalawe is famous for its large population of elephants and is one of the best places in Sri Lanka to see these magnificent animals up close. The park also has a variety of other wildlife, including buffalo, crocodiles, and a wide range of bird species.
- Minneriya National Park – Minneriya is famous for its annual gathering of elephants, where herds of up to 300 elephants come together around the park’s central reservoir. The park is also home to a range of other wildlife, including sloth bears, leopards, and a variety of bird species.
- Kumana National Park – Kumana is one of the best places in Sri Lanka to see a wide range of bird species, including many migratory birds. The park is also home to a variety of other wildlife, including elephants, leopards, and crocodiles.
So, pack your bags and head to Sri Lanka to discover its beauty and charm for yourself. We are Beyond Getaways Travels waiting for you to bring you an amazing holiday experience with our passionate travel team.