Off the Beaten Track Tour – 16 Days 15 Nights
An incredible 16 days trip to unusual destinations as we found a great vacation spots, Nature & off the beaten track. Get away from the touristy sites as much as possible, travel to unpopular hidden treasures. A splendid adventurous tour for couples, a solo traveler, or friends who would like to see the authentic & classic of Sri Lanka. You will be fascinated by the nature trails, adventurous activities such as hiking, trekking, swimming and dipping in a natural waterfall, eye catching wildlife, experiencing the heritage & culture of the country while staying at luxurious remote resorts & camps. You will be accompanied by a professional & passionate tour guide who will bring you an amazing tour. Best tour packages in Sri Lanka
*This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and time constraints. Also, note that the attractions’ visiting hours may vary, so it is always advisable to check beforehand. Best tour packages in Sri Lanka
DepartureFrom Colombo Airport/Colombo Fort or Negombo.
Departure TimeAs required
Return TimeAs required
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Day 01 - Airport Pick up and Night at Horathapola Heritage Estate Bungalow
- Arrival in Colombo International Airport and you will meet our tour guide at the arrival lounge.
- You will be transferred to a magnificent heritage Bungalow in a coconut plantation- Horathapola Estate, Makandura for your first night stay.
Overnight stay at Horathapola Boutique Bungalow, Makandura Best tour packages in Sri Lanka
Day 02 - Explore the nature & Tradition of Horathapola Village
- Birdwatching trail in the morning
- Bullock Cart ride
- Village walk (Coir industry, visiting a village temple, peeling of cashew nuts etc)
- Traditional cooking experience
Overnight stay at Horathapola Boutique Bungalow, Makandura
Day 03 - Safari Adventure of Wilpattu National Park
- Leave from Horathapola Estate after breakfast and transfer to Wilpattu
- Check into Tamaravila Luxury Eco Tented Camp in Wilpattu and have your lunch
- After the lunch, start the evening game drive to the largest National park of Sri Lanka “Wilpattu National Park”.
Wilpattu National park was declared as a National Park in 1938. The Name Wilpattu means “The Land of Lakes” as there many natural water tables are in the park. This park is a home for Sri Lankan Leopard, Sloth Bear, Sri Lankan Elephant, Crocodiles, Bird lives and rich in flora as well.
Overnight stay at Tamaravila Luxury Tented Camp, Wilpattu.
Day 04 - Explore the Birth place of Sinhala Civilization – “Anuradhapura Ancient City”
- After breakfast, visit the first ancient capital and the birth place of Sinhala Civilization “Anuradhapura Ancient City”
- Visit the major archeological sites of Anuradhapura including; Sri Maha Bodhi Tree, The Great Stupa- Ruwanweli Maha Saya, Isurumuniya Temple, The Brazen Palace, Abahaya Giriya Monastery, Jethwanarama Monastery & Twin Ponds.
Overnight stay at The Lake Forest Hotel, Anuradhapura.
Day 05 - Trek to Ancient “Ritigala Buddhist Monastery”| Safari Tour to Minneriya National Park
- Check- out from The Lake Forest Hotel, Anuradhapura and proceed to the next cultural site “Sigiriya”.
- En-route, a trek to the ancient Buddhist Monastery “Ritigala Forest monastery”. Ritigala is a residual mountain with the height of 766m (2,513 ft) above sea level and located in Central Sri Lanka was home to an Ancient Buddhist Monastery date back to 01stBC (2200 Years Old) .
- After visiting Ritigala Buddhist Monastery, you will be transferred to Habarana.
- Have a lunch break in Habarana
- After noon, do a private jeep safari trip to Minneriya National Park to spot large herds of Sri Lankan wild elephants.
Overnight stay at Wild Grass Nature Resort, Sigiriya
Day 06 - Breathtaking Sunrise from Pidurangala Rock | Cycle Tour to Sigiriya Village | Sunset in Ancient Wonder “Sigiriya Lion Rock”
- Start the climb of Pidurangala Rock at 05.00am to spot one of best sunrise views in Sri Lanka. You will enjoy an absolutely stunning sunrise from the summit of Pidurangala Rock.
- Back to Wild Grass Hotel, enjoy your breakfast and relax.
- Do a cycling tour and a Village tour to experience the authentic Sri Lankan life style.
- Visit a village family and experience a traditional cookery demonstration.
- Enjoy a Sri Lankan traditional Lunch.
- Afternoon, start to explore the Ancient Wonder “Sigiriya Lion Rock”. Start the climb of Sigiriya Lion Rock at 16.00hrs.
- Witness one of best sunset views in the country from the summit of Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
Overnight stay at Wild Grass Nature Resort, Sigiriya.
Day 07 - Dambulla Golden Rock Temple | The Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha
- Leave from Wild Grass Nature Resort in Sigiriya and transfer to the last ancient capital of Sri Lanka “Kandy”
- En-route visit the country’s most fascinating ancient Temple “Dambulla Golden Rock Temple (Dambulla Cave Temple) “
- Visit the most venerable Buddhist Temple in the whole Buddhist World “The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple of Buddha” in Kandy
Overnight stay at Welikanda Yoga Retreat, Kandy
Day 08 - Knuckles Trekking | Yoga & Meditation
- Morning trekking to Knuckles Mountain range
- Do yoga & meditation in the evening at Welikanda Retreat, Kandy
Overnight stay at Welikanda Retreat, Kandy
Day 09 - Ceylon Tea Trails | Scenic Drive to Central Highlands | Ramboda Falls
- Leave from Welikanda Retreat after breakfast and proceed to Central Highlands of the country “Nuwara Eliya” (Little England)
- Visit a tea plantation & a tea factory to experience the tea tasting of World’s finest “Ceylon Tea”. Walk in the tea plantation, meet ladies who pluck tea and try to pick tea leaves by yourself.
- After the tea plantation, stop at view points to spot amazing views of the lush tea plantations, waterfalls, misty hills and green valleys.
- Tour of Little England (Nuwara Eliya) in the afternoon.
Overnight stay at Oliphant Boutique Villa by Amaya, Nuwara Eliya
Day 10 - Hike of Single Tree Hill for a sunrise view | Train Ride to Haputale
- Leave from hotel at 05.00am to the vantage point of Little England “Single Tree Hill” to spot a stunning sunrise- (90 minutes)
- Back to the hotel, and after having breakfast, proceed to Nanu Oya train station for the country’s most scenic train ride “Nuwara Eliya to Haputale” (02 hour train journey)
- You will be picked up from Haputale Train station by our tour guide and you will be transferred to Melheim Resort Haputale.
- Relax & Unwind at the hotel while enjoying the excellent view of verdant valleys.
Overnight stay at Melheim Resort, Haputale
Day 11 - Morning trekking to Lipton Seat
- Morning trekking to “Lipton Seat” in the hills of Poonagala.
- Witness the breathtaking views of UVA Province while having a cup of tea of pure Ceylon Tea
- Relax & unwind at Melheim Resort Haputale.
Overnight stay at Melheim Resort, Haputale
Day 12 - Luxury Wilderness in Ahaspokuna | Adventurous Bushwalk
- Leave from Melheim Resort, Haputale and travelled to Belihuloya
- Visit the hidden beauty “Pahanthudawa Waterfall”
- Proceed to Ahaspokuna Luxury Bush Camp. You will be welcomed by the ranger and porters of Ahaspokuna at the meeting point.
- Your luggage will be taken by the porters of the camp, leaving you free to take in the sights and sounds around you. After the welcome briefing by the Camp Manager at the camp lounge area, you may check-in into your suite-tent. You will be briefed on the features of the tent and the associated facilities. After you settle in, lunch will be served.
- After lunch you may have a 3 hour Adventure bushwalk through the grasslands and forest.
- You can have a refreshing soak in a natural rock pool situated in the bottom of a natural waterfall.
- Enjoy the surrounding of Ahaspokuna Bush Camp while enjoying the All Inclusive facilities of the camp.
Overnight stay at Ahaspokuna Bush Walk Camp, Belihuloya
Day 13 - Bird Watching Train in the morning | Adventurous Bush walk to the Deep of the Forest | Swim in the shallow waters of Gan Ella Waterfall
- Start the pre-breakfast guided birdwatching & nature trail at 06.30am. (One hour trail).
- Have breakfast at around 07.30 am
- After breakfast, start the bushwalk to the deep of the forest.
- If the weather is nice, you can have a refreshing swim in the “Gan Ella” waterfall.
- Back to the camp for lunch.
- Evening trek will start around 14.30pm and will take approximately 2- 3 hour. The walk through an Elephant –made path into the forest and grasslands.
- Enjoy your last night at the Bush Camp with the nature.
Overnight stay at Ahaspokuna Bush Walk Camp, Belihuloya
Day 14 - Game Drive of Udawala National Park | Big Game Camp
- Check out from Ahaspokuna Bush Walk camp and proceed to Udawalawe – 2 hour drive
- Sri Lankan traditional lunch in Udawalawe
- Start the afternoon game drive of Udawalawe National Park- 3 hour safari tour
- After the safari trip, check- into Big Game Camp in Udawalawe.
- Enjoy the evening at the camp while listening to the sound of nature.
Overnight stay at Big Game Camp, Udawalawe.
Day 15 - Expedition of “Galle Dutch Fort” | Last Night in Colombo
- Check-out from Big Game camp after your breakfast and proceed to the capital of the Southern Coast- “Galle”
- Visit and explore the UNESCO World Heritage site “Galle Dutch Fort”. Walk around the fort while exploring the marvelous engineering work of Dutch in 17th
- Proceed to Colombo for your last night.
- City tour of Colombo in the evening.
Overnight stay at Jetwing Colombo Seven, Colombo
Day 16 - Good Bye till next time!
Reviews For the Tour
Tour reviews help travelers make informed decisions, provide feedback for tour operators, and ensure a positive travel experience.
- 3 Star/ 4 Star /5 Star Hotel Accommodations on Bed & Breakfast Basis & Half Board Basis
- Transport in an Air Conditioned comfortable car
- English speaking professional Chauffeur Tourist Guide
- Entrance Fees/ Excursion fees to the mentioned places
- All Government Taxes
- Unlimited Water Bottles
- Early Check-in & Late Check-out charges
- Other expenses of personal nature