Family Tour – 14 Days 13 Nights Tour
Embark on a journey of discovery and fun with our family vacation tour package, designed to create unforgettable memories for all ages. Explore the Sri Lanka’s most fascinating destinations, from tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, and immerse yourself in new cultures, fun filing adventures and experiences. Our family-friendly itineraries offer something for everyone, from thrilling outdoor adventures to cultural excursions and relaxing downtime. Enjoy quality time with your loved ones as you bond over shared experiences and create incredible life long memories. Our experienced guides will take care of every detail, ensuring a stress-free and enjoyable vacation for the whole family. With the family vacation tour package of Beyond Getaways, you can relax, have fun, and make memories that will last a lifetime. Family Tours in Sri Lanka
- Perfect for : Families with younger children as well as with Teenage Children / Couple Travelers / Leisure Travelers/Group Travelers
- Hotels : 3 Star Hotels / 4 & 5 Star Hotels, Resorts, Bungalows or Villas
- When to travel : All around the year
- Tour Price : On Request Family Tours in Sri Lanka
*This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and time constraints. Also, note that the attractions’ visiting hours may vary, so it is always advisable to check beforehand.
DepartureFrom Colombo Airport/Colombo Fort or Negombo.
Departure TimeAs required
Return TimeAs required
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
DAY 01 - Arrival | Relax & Unwind in Negombo
- Arrival at Colombo International Airport
- You will be welcomed and greeted by our tour guide at the arrival lobby of Colombo International Airport.
- You will be transferred to famous beach town – Negombo for your first day. It is a 20 minutes drive from Colombo International Airport
- Check- in to your hotel Negombo
Overnight in Negombo
DAY 02 - Expedition of majestic Sigiriya Lion Rock | Village Tour
- After having a delicious breakfast at the hotel in Negombo, you will be transferred to the UNESCO world heritage site ‘Habarana’ where you start your family adventure in Sri Lanka. – 3 to 4 hour journey
- Explore the ancient wonder, the magnificent ‘Sigiriya Lion Rock’. A comprehensive guided tour- Approximately 3 hour expedition
Sigiriya Lion Rock is a majestic ancient fortress rising 200 meters above the Sri Lankan jungle, boasting impressive archaeological and engineering feats. It's an iconic UNESCO World Heritage site that is belong to 5th Century AD with breathtaking views, impressive frescoes, and a fascinating history that captivates visitors from around the world.
- After an amazing expedition of Sigiriya Lion Rock, you will have the great opportunity to experience the traditional village life in Sri Lanka- The Traditional village tour in Sigiriya.
A village tour in Sigiriya is a journey back in time to experience the rich traditions and culture of rural Sri Lanka. You'll explore a vibrant community nestled in the lush green jungle, where you'll encounter friendly locals, learn about their customs and way of life, and witness the skilled craftsmanship of artisans at work. From traditional cooking techniques to handcrafted pottery, weaving, and other cottage industries, you'll discover the rich tapestry of skills and knowledge that have been passed down through generations. You'll also have the opportunity to enjoy delicious local cuisine, experience the hospitality of your hosts, and gain a deeper appreciation for the simple pleasures of life. A village tour in Sigiriya is a unique and unforgettable way to immerse yourself in the authentic culture of Sri Lanka.
Overnight in Sigiriya
DAY 03 - Hot Air Balloon Tour | Ultimate Safari of Minneriya
- Start another beautiful family adventure with the early morning Hot Air Balloon tour in Dambulla. The Hot air balloon tour is started at 06.30am and finished at 09.00am.
- Back to your hotel in Sigiriya/Dambulla and have a rest until the noon.
- Start the one of most renown safari trip in Sri Lanka, ‘Minneriya National Park’ safari tour. This is a 3 hour private jeep safari trip with a professional and a knowledgeable tour guide.
Embark on an unforgettable adventure through Minneriya National Park, where the lush greenery and picturesque landscapes provide a breathtaking backdrop to the majestic elephants roaming free in their natural habitat. Experience the thrill of spotting exotic wildlife and marvel at the beauty of the park's diverse ecosystem, all while accompanied by knowledgeable guides who will share fascinating insights about the park's history and inhabitants.
Overnight in Sigiriya
DAY 04 - Dambulla Golden Rock Temple | Sacred Tooth Relic Temple | Colorful Cultural Show
- After a good breakfast at the hotel Leave for the last kingdom of Ancient Sri Lanka, ‘Kandy’ – 2 and half hour journey
- On the way, visit the fascinating ancient Temple, ‘Dambulla Golden Rock Temple’.
The Dambulla Cave Temple is a fascinating ancient Buddhist temple complex located in Sri Lanka. It was built in 1st Century BC by the reign of King Saddatissa from Anuradhapura Kingdom and was renovated in different centuries by different Kings. It consists of five spectacular caves filled with intricate murals, vibrant paintings, and awe-inspiring sculptures of Buddha and other deities. The temple offers a mystical ambiance that transports visitors to a spiritual realm, making it a must-visit destination for those seeking a deeper understanding of Buddhism and a desire to connect with the divine.
- Proceed to Kandy
- En-route visit the historical and masterpiece of Ancient Architecture, ‘Nalanda Gedige’ Temple in Matale
Nalanda Gedige is an ancient temple located in the central province of Sri Lanka, believed to have been built between the 8th and 10th centuries. It is a unique combination of Hindu and Buddhist architecture, reflecting the cultural diversity of the island nation.
The temple's main attraction is its intricate stone carvings, which depict various deities and mythological creatures. The temple's design and construction reflect a fusion of Indian and Sri Lankan architectural styles and showcase the artistic skill and craftsmanship of the ancient builders.
- Reach Kandy in the afternoon. You can have a lunch in a good restaurant in Kandy
- Visit the most venerated and most important Buddhist Temple in the Buddhist world, ‘The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple of Kandy (Sri Daladha Maligawa)’ in Kandy
The Sacred Tooth Relic Temple, located in the charming city of Kandy in Sri Lanka, is an iconic Buddhist temple that houses a sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. The temple's stunning architecture and serene ambiance create an aura of spirituality that draws visitors from around the world.
The temple's most prized possession, the sacred tooth relic, is kept in a gold casket adorned with precious gemstones, which is paraded around the city during the annual Esala Perahera festival. The temple's architecture is equally impressive, with intricate carvings, paintings, and sculptures that depict Buddhist stories and legends.
- Witness the Kandyan Cultural Dance show at the Kandy Cultural Center- 1 hour show
Overnight in Kandy
DAY 05 - Adventure of White Water Rafting in Kithulgala
- Leave from Kandy after your breakfast and travel to ‘Kithulgala Village’, the paradise of Adventurous white water Rafting. – 2 hour journey
Kithulgala is a serene and picturesque town located in the western part of Sri Lanka, nestled amidst lush green hills and pristine forests. It is a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers, as it offers a plethora of outdoor activities such as white water rafting, trekking, camping, and bird watching.The town is situated on the banks of the Kelani River, which is famous for its crystal-clear waters and provides the perfect backdrop for water-based activities such as kayaking and canoeing.
- Engage on adventurous ‘White water Rafting session’ with your loved ones in Kelani River. You will be guided by a professional rafting team.
- You also can do ‘Confidence Jump’, ‘Waterfall abseiling’, ‘Canoeing’, ‘Kayaking’ and ‘River Expeditions’
Overnight in Kithulgala
DAY 06 - Scenic Journey to the Ceylon Tea Kingdom | Milky Devon Waterfall | Little Niagara Fall ‘St Clair Waterfall’ |Overnight in The City of Lights
- Start another beautiful day, Travel to your next destination, The City of Lights- ‘Nuwara Eliya’- 2 and half hour scenic drive.
- Drive through the famous tea towns, Watawala, Hatton, Kotagala & Talawakale where you will spot lush tea plantations in the both sides.
- Stop at the milky ‘Devon Waterfall’.- Devon Waterfall is a breathtakingly beautiful natural wonder located in the town of Talawakele, Sri Lanka. The waterfall is approximately 97 meters in height and is named after a pioneer English coffee planter who lived in the area during the colonial era. The waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery and towering trees, and the cascading water creates a mesmerizing mist that envelops the entire area.
- Next stop is the Little Niagara Fall in Sri Lanka, ‘St Clair Waterfall’.
St. Clair Waterfall, also known as Little Niagara of Sri Lanka, is a magnificent waterfall located in the town of Talawakele in the central highlands of Sri Lanka. The waterfall is approximately 80 meters in height and is situated amidst the lush greenery of the surrounding tea estates.
- Reach the town of Central Highlands, ’Nuwara Eliya’ –
Nuwara Eliya is a serene town located in the central highlands of Sri Lanka at the elevation of 1,868 meters above sea level. The town is known for its stunning natural beauty, cool climate, and colonial charm. With its rolling hills, lush green tea plantations, and misty valleys, Nuwara Eliya is often referred to as the "Little England" of Sri Lanka.
The cool climate, combined with the stunning scenery, makes Nuwara Eliya a popular destination for those looking for a peaceful and rejuvenating getaway. Nuwara Eliya is also known for its tea industry, with several tea estates located in the surrounding hills.
- Check-in to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya. Rejuvenate while enjoying the cool climate and a cup of tea
Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 07 - Scenic Horton Plains & World’s End Trekking |Expedition of Little England
- Early morning departure for Horton Plains National Park (approximately 1 hour drive)
Horton Plains is a stunning protected area located in the central highlands of Sri Lanka, known for its unique ecosystem and stunning natural beauty. The park covers an area of approximately 3,160 hectares and is home to several endemic species of plants and animals.
The park is characterized by its grasslands, cloud forests, and wetlands, with several scenic trekking routes that offer panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The highlight of the park is undoubtedly the World's End viewpoint, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape from a sheer cliff drop of over 870 meters.
- Arrive at the park entrance and start the trekking route through the grasslands and cloud forests
- Stop at the Baker's Falls to admire the stunning waterfall
- Continue the trek to reach the World's End viewpoint, which offers panoramic of the surrounding hills and valleys
- After the picturesque trekking of Horton Plains, back to the hotel and take a rest until the afternoon.
- Do the sightseeing tour in the afternoon. Visit a tea factory and a tea plantation to experience the production of the finest Ceylon Tea.
A tea factory and plantation visit in Nuwara Eliya offers a unique opportunity to learn about the tea-making process and experience the beauty of Sri Lanka's hill country. The town of Nuwara Eliya is renowned for its tea plantations, and a visit to a local factory allows visitors to witness the process of tea production from start to finish.
- Visit the historical buildings in Nuwara Eliya that are belong to the colonial era.
- Have a nice walk in Nuwara Eliya town including the visit of the Central Market and Bazar streets of Nuwara Eliya
Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 08 - Picturesque Train Journey | Overnight in Ella
- Depart from Nuwara Eliya in the morning and head to the train station
- Board the train and embark on a scenic journey through the lush tea plantations and rolling hills of the central highlands
- Enjoy the stunning views of misty mountains, gushing waterfalls, and verdant valleys as the train winds its way through the countryside
- Arrive in Ella in the afternoon and check into a hotel
- Explore the charming town of Ella and take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys
Overnight in Ella
DAY 09 - Fun Filing Adventures in Ella
- Start another beautiful day after your breakfast. This day you will explore the scenic beauty of Ella as well as you will engage in fun filing activities in Ella with your loved ones
- Beautiful hiking to Little Adam's Peak
- Visit the Nine Arch Bridge
- Optional: If you are traveling with teenage Children who love to do rock climbing, you should not miss the climb of ‘Ella Rock’
- You can also embark on fun filing adventurous games like – Zip Line, ATV Rides, Archery and abseiling in Ella
- Have a nice walk in Ella town in evening and enjoy a mouthwatering dinner at one of best restaurants in Sri Lanka
Overnight in Ella
DAY 10 - Mystical Budhuruwagala Temple | Evening Game Drive of Yala National Park
- After delightful two days in Ella, on the day 10th, you travel to the country’s most popular safari park, ‘Yala National Park’- 2 hour scenic journey.
- En-route, stop at the 9th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka, ‘Ravana Waterfall’.-
Ravana waterfall is a stunning natural waterfall tucked away in the lush green hills of Sri Lanka. The cascading waterfall, named after the legendary demon king Ravana from the Hindu epic Ramayana, is a sight to behold, with its crystal-clear waters plunging down a sheer rock face into a tranquil pool below.
- Visit the mysterious & unique style ancient Buddhist monastery, ‘ Budhuruwagala’.
Budhuruwagala temple is a fascinating Buddhist temple located in the remote wilderness of Sri Lanka. The temple is known for its awe-inspiring rock carvings that date back to the 10th century, which showcase the skill and artistry of ancient Sri Lankan artisans. The centerpiece of the temple is a towering rock face that is adorned with seven colossal statues of the Buddha, each measuring up to 40 feet in height. artisans. The centerpiece of the temple is a towering rock face that is adorned with seven colossal statues of the Buddha, each measuring up to 40 feet in height.
- Reach Tissamaharama and enjoy a good lunch at a good restaurant or at your hotel.
- After the lunch, start the evening game safari tour of Yala National Park (Between 13.30-14.00pm) – 3 hour private jeep safari tour
Overnight in Tissamaharama/ Yala
DAY 11 - Galle Dutch Fort | Beach Bliss of Bentota
- Leave from your hotel in Yala after breakfast and travel to the sandy beaches of the Southwest Coast, ‘Bentota’ – 3hour journey
Bentota is a charming coastal town nestled along the southern coast of Sri Lanka, renowned for its golden sandy beaches, palm-fringed shores, and tranquil turquoise waters. Beyond its breathtaking natural beauty, Bentota also offers an array of cultural and recreational activities, from exploring historic temples and tea plantations to water sports and spa treatments. Whether you're seeking a romantic retreat or an adventurous escape, Bentota is the perfect destination for a truly unforgettable experience.
- En-route, visit the world Heritage site, ‘Galle Dutch Fort’.
- Check-in to your wonderful beach hotel and unwind at the hotel in rest of the day
Overnight in Bentota
DAY 12 - Sail Away: Discover the Joy of Boating and Water Sports | Sea Turtles
- Start another fun-filing day with your loved ones in Bentota.
Bentota is a water sports paradise where you can engage with different kind of enjoyable water sports such as Jet Skiing , Surfing , Water Skiing, Banana Boat Rides , Scuba Diving , Speed boating and snorkeling.
- Enjoy the 2 hour boat trip of Madu River –
Glide along the calm waters, marveling at the vibrant greenery and spotting an array of exotic wildlife along the way, including crocodiles, monitor lizards, and a variety of bird species. The journey also includes stops at several enchanting islands, where you can explore traditional cinnamon plantations, visit a Buddhist temple, and enjoy a refreshing cup of Ceylon tea.
- Visit a sea turtle conservation project and a hatchery
Overnight in Bentota
DAY 13 - A memorable day in the capital city
- Leave from Bentota and proceed to the heart of the Island, the capital city of Sri Lanka, ‘Colombo’- 1 and half hour drive
- Reach Colombo and do the city tour of Colombo-
A Colombo city tour is a vibrant and immersive experience that takes you on a journey through the bustling streets and vibrant neighborhoods of Sri Lanka's capital city. From historic colonial buildings to modern skyscrapers, Colombo is a fascinating mix of old and new, traditional and cosmopolitan.
During your city tour, you'll visit top attractions such as the iconic Gangaramaya Temple, the bustling Pettah Market, and the impressive Independence Memorial Hall. You'll also explore the city's many green spaces, including the scenic Viharamahadevi Park and the tranquil Galle Face Green promenade.
Overnight in Bentota
DAY 14 - Airport Drop
- You will be transferred back to Colombo International Airport for your departure flight. It is a one hour drive from the heart of Colombo to Colombo Airport.
Reviews For the Tour
Tour reviews help travelers make informed decisions, provide feedback for tour operators, and ensure a positive travel experience.
- 3 Star/ 4 Star /5 Star Hotel Accommodations on Bed & Breakfast Basis & Half Board Basis
- Transport in an Air Conditioned comfortable car
- English speaking professional Chauffeur Tourist Guide
- Entrance Fees/ Excursion fees to the mentioned places
- All Government Taxes
- Unlimited Water Bottles
- Early Check-in & Late Check-out charges
- Other expenses of personal nature