Grand Heritage Tour – 10 Days 09 Nights Tour
Beyond Getaways has perfectly designed a tour that brings you the depth of the Sri Lankan Colorful culture and the unique heritage of Sri Lanka. During the 11 days tour with us, you will cover the Cultural triangle that is consisted of UNESCO World Heritage ancient sites. The Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka is a region located in the heart of the island, which encompasses the ancient cities of Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, and Kandy, as well as other important historical and cultural sites. This area is considered the cradle of Sri Lankan civilization and is home to some of the most significant and well-preserved examples of Buddhist art and architecture in the world. Heritage Tours in Sri Lanka
Apart from Cultural & heritage facts, you will be fascinated by the remarkable landscapes, abundance & diverse wildlife, and great hospitality of locals.
- Perfect for : Solo Traveler / Couple Travelers / Leisure Travelers/ Family Travelers /Group Travelers
- Hotels : 3 Star Hotels / 4 & 5 Star Hotels, Resorts, Bungalows or Villas
- When to travel : All around the year
- Tour Price : On Request Heritage Tours in Sri Lanka
*This itinerary can be customized based on your interests and time constraints. Also, note that the attractions’ visiting hours may vary, so it is always advisable to check beforehand.
DepartureFrom Colombo Airport/Colombo Fort or Negombo.
Departure TimeAs required
Return TimeAs required
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
DAY 01- Arrival | Transfer to First Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka- Anuradhapura | Expedition of UNESCO World Heritage Site- Anuaradhapura
- Arrive at Colombo International Airport
- You will be welcomed by our Chauffeur Tourist Guide & will assist you.
- Transfer to the first Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka- Anuradhapura- 4 hour drive
- Explore the birth place of Sinhala Civilization & the first Kingdom of Ancient Sri Lanka- Anuradhapura – 3 hour expedition
Anuradhapura is the main city of North Central Province of Sri Lanka. It was the first capital of Ancient that was founded in 6th Century BC with the arrival of North Indian Aryan Prince Wijaya. It was a very powerful kingdom that lasted from 6 C.BC until 10 C.AD, over 1500 years and was home to 126 Kings. Anuradhapura is the home to the world’s oldest human planted Tree- Sri Maha Bodhi Tree which is over 2250 years old, world’s tallest Stupa- Jethawana Stupa, the holiest Stupa of Buddhist Devotees- Ruwanweli Maha Saya, and great Buddhist Monastery of Abhayagiriya.
* Overnight in Anuradhapura
DAY 02- Expedition of the medieval Capital- Polonnaruwa Ancient City |Game Drive of Minneriya National Park
- Start another beautiful day after enjoying a mouthwatering breakfast at your hotel and proceed to the Medieval capital of Ancient Sri Lanka- the UNESCO World Heritage site “Polonnaruwa”
- Explore the Medieval capital “Polonnaruwa” with our professional tour guide.
Polonnaruwa is an ancient city located in the North Central Province of Sri Lanka, which was once the thriving capital of the country during the 11th and 12th centuries. The city is home to a wealth of well-preserved archaeological sites and ruins, including ancient temples, palaces, and statues, which provide a fascinating insight into the rich history and culture of Sri Lanka. One of the most notable attractions in Polonnaruwa is the ancient Royal Palace, which once housed the ruling kings of Sri Lanka and is now a stunning collection of ruins, with intricate carvings and ornate stonework. Other must-see sites include the Sacred Quadrangle, a group of ancient temples and shrines, and the Gal Vihara, a series of stunning Buddhist statues carved out of solid rock.
- After a wonderful guided tour of Polonnaruwa ancient City, you may have a lunch break that you can a taste mouthwatering traditional lunch.
- Proceed to Minneriya for an adventurous private jeep safari tour of Minneriya National Park.
Minneriya National Park is a nature reserve located in the North Central Province of Sri Lanka, known for its incredible biodiversity and stunning natural beauty. The park is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, including hundreds of species of birds, reptiles, and mammals, such as elephants, leopards, and sloth bears.
One of the most notable features of Minneriya National Park is the annual gathering of elephants, which takes place between July and October, when hundreds of these majestic creatures migrate to the park's lush forests and waterways in search of food and water. This phenomenon, known as "The Gathering," is one of the largest wildlife events in Asia and provides a truly unforgettable experience for visitors to the park.
Overnight in Anuradhapura
DAY 03- Ancient Dambulla Golden Rock Temple | The last kingdom of Ancient Sri Lanka “Kandy”
- Another beautiful day starts and travel to the last kingdom of ancient Sri Lanka- Kandy
- En-route, visit the country’s most fascinating and ancient Buddhist Temple “Dambulla Golden Rock Temple”.
The Dambulla Golden Rock Temple, also known as the Dambulla Cave Temple, is a magnificent complex of cave temples located in central Sri Lanka. Initially built in 3rd Century BC by the reign of King Saddatissa. The temple complex consists of five caves, which are filled with thousands of stunning Buddhist statues and paintings, as well as intricate carvings and frescoes.
- Proceed to Kandy
- Visit the golden-roofed Buddhist Temple in the heart of Kandy, The Sacred tooth relic temple where the legendary tooth relic of Buddha is kept in a golden casket which is enclosed inside several golden boxes, covered in jewels.
- At 5.00pm, Kandyan Cultural Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale.
Overnight in Kandy
DAY 04- Scenic Routes to Central Highlands | Ceylon Tea Experience |Milky Ramboda Falls | The City of Lights- Nuwara Eliya
- Leave from your hotel in Kandy after breakfast and proceed to the central highlands of Sri Lanka “Nuwara Eliya” known as the city of lights and the little England
Nuwara Eliya is is situated 1868 m above sea level and has country's coolest climate.Most popular attractions in Nuwara Eliya is the tea estates, which produce some of the finest teas in the world. Visitors can tour the tea plantations, learn about the history and production of tea, and sample the delicious blends produced in the region. The town also offers a range of colonial-era attractions, including the historic Hill Club, which was once a favored haunt of British colonial officers.
- On the way to Nuwara Eliya via a scenic route, you will have a beautiful stop at a tea plantation and a tea factory to have an experience of world’s best Ceylon Tea. You can have a walk in the tea plantation, visit the factory to witness the process of tea and at the end you will be lucky to taste a cup of world’s best tea on free of charge.
- Next stop is the Milky “Ramboda Waterfall” and the view point. Ramboda falls in the 11th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka and located in a beautiful location where you can have a nice walk.
- Reach Nuwara Eliya by afternoon, check-in to your hotel and have a rest for couple of hours
- Start to explore the Little England in the late afternoon.- Have a nice walk in Nuwara Eliya town while tasting street food, do a sightseeing tour to Colonial Buildings such as Old Post Office, Hill Club, The Golf Club and the Holy Trinity Church in Nuwara Eliya
- Visit Gregory’s Lake park and have a nice walk at the time of Sunset
Overnight in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 05- Scenic Train Journey to Ella | Unwind in Paradise Ella
- After breakfast, proceed to Nanu Oya train station to get the most scenic train trip in Sri Lanka “Nanu Oya to Ella” or Optional- early morning you can visit ‘Horton Plains National Park”. The tour is started at 05.00am from your hotel in Nuwara Eliya. In Horton Plains National park you will enjoy a scenic 9km (6.5miles) walk where you can enjoy Bakers fall and the world’s end cliff.
- Reach Ella by Noon
Ella is a small town nestled in the highlands of Sri Lanka, renowned for its breathtaking scenery, including verdant tea plantations, cascading waterfalls, and stunning mountain vistas.
- Relax & Unwind in Ella while enjoying the mild weather and beautiful views
Overnight in Ella
DAY 06- Unwind in Ella | Little Adams Peak Hike | Nine Arches Bridge
- Explore the natural beauty of Ella – Climb Little Adams Peak to witness one of best panoramic views of Sri Lanka and visit the Instagram photobomb “Nine arches Bridge” in the morning
- You also can do Adventure in Ella- Experience the South Asia’s Longest (550m) and fastest Zip line “Ravna Zipline”, ATV rides, Rock Climbing & Abseiling
- Relax & rejuvenate your evening
Overnight in Ella
DAY 07- Ravana Falls | Charming City of Galle
- Check-out from the hotel in Ella after a delicious breakfast. On this day, you will travel to another popular tourist destination of Sri Lanka Galle.
Galle is a charming coastal city located in the southern province of Sri Lanka, known for its rich history, colonial architecture, pristine beaches, and vibrant cultural scene.
- Stop at the 9th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka “Ravana Falls”
- Reach Galle and check-into your hotel in Galle. Have a relaxing evening in Galle
Overnight in Galle
DAY 08- Expedition of Galle Dutch Fort | Sea Turtles
- Relax at the hotel in the morning or you can walk on the pristine sandy beaches of Unawatuna while tasting some freshly made street food and tropical fruit juices
- Start the expedition of UNESCO World Heritage site “Galle Dutch Fort” in the afternoon.
Galle Dutch Fort is a magnificent 17th-century fortress situated in the heart of Galle city, Sri Lanka. The fort was originally built by Portuguese, and later Dutch fortifited it. This UNESCO World Heritage site is a testament to the country's colonial past, with its stunning architecture, cobblestone streets, quaint cafes, and boutique shops. A walk along the ramparts offers breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and an opportunity to soak up the area's fascinating history.
- After the Galle Fort visit, visit a Sea Turtle conservation project.
Overnight in Galle
DAY 09- Colombo City Tour & Last Night in Colombo
- After breakfast, proceed to the commercial capital of Sri Lanka “Colombo”
Colombo is the bustling capital city of Sri Lanka, situated on the west coast of the island. It is a vibrant and cosmopolitan metropolis that blends modernity with rich cultural heritage. Colombo is known for its impressive colonial architecture, bustling street markets, flavorful cuisine, and vibrant nightlife. The city offers visitors a glimpse into the unique culture and history of Sri Lanka, while also providing a gateway to explore the island's many other attractions.
- Do the city and sightseeing tour of Colombo in the evening
- Check-into your city hotel in Colombo. Relax & unwind your evening while having a good dinner.
DAY 10- Back to the Airport after an amazing tour with Beyond Getaways
- After breakfast, proceed to Colombo International Airport for your departure flight
Reviews For the Tour
Tour reviews help travelers make informed decisions, provide feedback for tour operators, and ensure a positive travel experience.
- 3 Star/ 4 Star /5 Star Hotel Accommodations on Bed & Breakfast Basis & Half Board Basis
- Transport in an Air Conditioned comfortable car
- English speaking professional Chauffeur Tourist Guide
- Entrance Fees/ Excursion fees to the mentioned places
- All Government Taxes
- Unlimited Water Bottles
- Early Check-in & Late Check-out charges
- Other expenses of personal nature